There are many different factors to bear in mind when you are seeking a top rated US friendly online poker site at which to play. The first requirement for any player will be the ease at which you can make a deposit into such a site, along with getting fair and completely random poker games.
Other requirements you will, as a US online poker player, be seeking is a large and diverse range of both poker variants and poker tournaments. With all of the above in mind below we have put together our listing of the top 10 US poker sites online.
- Advertiser Disclosure Please Read Terms and Conditions Apply
200% upto $1000 Welcome Bonus
100% upto $1000 Welcome Bonus
$250 New Depositors Freeroll
200% upto $2500
in Guaranteed Tournaments
100% upto $1000 Signup Bonus
New Depositors Freeroll
New Jersey surprised the online gaming industry in America when Gov. Chris Christie confirmed on October 13 that he had signed agreements along ...
PokerStars is re-launching its social gaming app ‘Play’ as it seeks to retain its presence in markets where real money gaming has been made ...
Oregon’s poker rooms have for the moment fended off a legislative challenge that would have resulted in curbing social poker gaming in the state. ...
House Bill 271, an online gaming legalization bill has cleared two separate Senate committees in Pennsylvania, stirring hopes of the bill getting ...
- 1 Top 10 US Poker Sites: Best legal USA Poker websites for 2017
- 1.1 Recommended US Online Poker Rooms
- 1.1.1 Top Recommended
- 1.1.2 The best of this month - We refresh our rankings every week!
- 1.1.3 US Poker News
- 184.108.40.206.1 New Jersey, Nevada & Delaware Sign Multistate Online Gaming Agreement
- 220.127.116.11.2 PokerStars Launches Social Gaming App ‘Play’ In The U.S & Australia
- 18.104.22.168.3 Oregon Poker Rooms Get A Breather After Legislation Curbing Operations Stalls
- 22.214.171.124.4 Pennsylvania’s Latest Online Gaming Bill Clears Two Senate Votes
- 1.2 Playing Poker for Real money from USA
- 1.3 Legal Regulations Concerning Online Poker in USA
- 1.4 US Poker Law and Licensing Requirements
- 1.5 Currencies On The Poker Sites – USD Or Something Else?
- 1.6 The Best Depositing Option for players from USA
- 1.7 Additional Factors For Consideration when playing online poker for real money.
- 1.8 FAQs when playing poker in the US
- 1.9 Find which US States are accepting Online Poker
- 1.1 Recommended US Online Poker Rooms
Each of the above poker rooms will allow you to safely and securely make a deposit, by one of several depositing options, and thanks to their very robust processors, whenever you request a cash out, your withdrawal will be sent to you in a timely fashion, no matter where you live is the US.
The USA are quite complex when it comes to legislation, and that is even more so proven in the case of online poker rooms. Ever since these and other gambling sites have left the US in an attempt to avoid legal measures taken against them, there was little space for poker games provided to US players.
Nowadays, these people are trying to go back to their favorite hobby, looking for ways to surpass the legal restrictions imposed throughout the country. Hence, they’ve decided to turn to other sources. Nevertheless, there are certain aspects which need to be fully distinguished before giving them any of your hard earned cash. Have a look at the list of real money poker sites from here.
These are some basic guidelines to help you straighten any possible misunderstandings and clear all doubt to whether and which poker sites are available for US players.
There are specific laws in the US legislation which make poker something in between a crime and a pastime. The question of whether or not US citizens are allowed to play poker will receive quite distinctive answers, depending on to whom and where you present it. Namely, there are three states – Nevada, New Jersey and Delaware – which have managed to legalize online poker just before any crucial decisions were made. Therefore, these states allow their citizens or any residents within their border to play at both their land-based and online poker sites. You can also have a look at Tim Glocks’s US Poker sites top list.
The situation is a bit trickier when it comes to all remaining states of the USA. One of their options is to fight for a change of legislation, which is definitely an active process. The other one, however, includes a more indirect approach. In this regard, US poker players from these remaining states are able to access some international, offshore poker sites which are in no way subjected to US laws.
The matter of legality was bound to call for licensing issues of these sites. However, you shouldn’t be surprised to find out that the same division arises. Namely, the three states which have legal rights to host and provide poker sites are licensed by their corresponding authorities. More precisely, the Nevada Gaming Control Board is responsible for Nevada gambling activities, while the New Jersey Casino Control Commission is in charge of both New Jersey and the State of Delaware. These authorities provide licenses and maintain control over any irregularities.
The remaining US citizens have turned to offshore poker sites. These are mainly licensed by respective authorities from the jurisdiction they’ve originated of. Such legislative bodies include the license providers from Costa Rica, as well as Curaçao eGaming. Although there’s a greater preference for the poker sites licensed by Costa Rica, there’s no confirmed reason to avoid those which are connected to Curaçao eGaming.
The currency is one of the primary things which interest US players when determining whether the poker site is reliable or not. Most of them tend to avoid conversion, which might actually turn out to be a good strategy. After all, comparing currencies and their value at the middle of playing a hand doesn’t guarantee the best results.
For this reason, poker sites which are available to US citizens normally provide the dollar as a possible currency, as well as the digital currency bitcoins. Many sites have tried to convince US players to use bitcoins due to their characteristic nature. After all, they do seem to be hard to track and easy to transfer, with quite a high value at the moment. However, while some are skeptical about handling them, others fear that their value will reduce, and with it – their bankrolls.
Nevertheless, US citizens do indeed have suitable poker sites in regard to their currency needs.
As witnessed, US players are genuinely concerned about the currency which they are supposed to use on their chosen poker sites. However, they seem to be equally worried about the transaction methods offered to them by the respective online poker rooms. In this regard, laws become void as they don’t apply to the existing poker sites from Nevada, Delaware and New Jersey, neither does it matter much to the international websites discussed above.
The most common transaction options are available for US citizens just like for any other. Any kind of plastic (credit cards, debit, gift cards etc.) as well as regular money transfers (like Western Union) are available, as well as wire transfers and multiple e-wallet options.
Still, poker players may have some trouble with these deposit (and withdrawal) options, but worry not. The simplest method has turned out to be the most efficient. Thus, many people are now recommending pre paid debit type cards which tend to be available at all the major outlets.
US poker players which reside in the remaining states that haven’t legalized gambling need to be able to choose the best US-friendly offshore poker site. Aside from these major aspects covered above, there are some additional factors for consideration.
The site’s reputation is a key factor when trusting your money to them. Plus, since a site would need a couple of years to gain proper reputation, there is bound to be more than enough information on the specifics. Player forums and private groups on the social networks should be able to tell you all you need to know about a site.
Player traffic is additionally important, as poker is just the kind of game which would require having many players online. Even though it is not necessarily an indicator of a site’s proper functioning, more traffic is usually better.
The final factor to account for when selecting the best US-friendly poker sites is their ability to provide recreationally friendly games. Even though professionals have the big money, rec-friendly poker sites seem to be taking over. After all, it’s better to customize one table to fit professional requirements than to reduce the level of difficulty to fit recreational poker players.
- BetOnline Poker – Another leading US online poker site that has stood the test of time is the one found over at the BetOnline Poker website. This is a leading Sportsbook who have been taking wagers for many years now and their poker site complements this betting site extremely well.To give you somewhat of an incentive to give them a try, they currently have a very generous sign up bonus for all American players, the full details of which can of course be found on their website.
- Americas Cardroom – This top of the range and extremely US player friendly online poker site does rightly deserve pride of place right at the top of our list of the very best poker sites for all US players. They offer a plethora of different poker games and rooms and you are always going to be able to get in the action whenever you decide to log on to play.You will find a very easy to use and navigate poker software platform is on offer, and should you wish simply to see how well this software platform is then why not register as a new player and try some of their free to play poker games.
- SportsBetting Poker – Another popular sports betting site and one that can always process your deposits is this one, and they not only offer betting facilities they have recently launched their very own online poker site.When it comes to getting fully rounded and hassle free online poker session, more so when you are a US based player then we would suggest you check them out as they really are making a name for themselves with many online American poker players who like the way this site is run and operated.
While things are definitely headed that way, due to legislative obstacles it’s hard to pin point when a full acceptance will happen. The thing is that the battle is fought separately by the states themselves and until more than NJ, Nevada, and Delaware officially legalize it, there will be some time until others follow suit.
For now the strongest contenders remain New York and California, who have had several attempts at the matter, with New York looking as the most viable candidate after Assemblyman Pretlow voiced his support. But when or in what exact form will it officially be approved, remains to be seen.
Most new-joiners to the online poker scene believe that Bush’s 2006 UIGEA (Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act) proclaims playing poker as illegal and thus fear prosecution. However, the wording in the Act that gives players a “gray area” to work with doesn’t really apply to the players themselves.
According to the UIGEA, it is illegal for banks and financial institutions to process money transfers for online gambling providers, while playing itself isn’t illegal. There was a proposal for an amendment that referred to the legality of gambling acts, but it was subsequently denied. Thus, the liability rests with financial operators, not the players, which is why most US poker players have turned to Bitcoins to bypass this problem.
The most progress has been made in 9 States: Mississippi, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, California, Pennsylvania, Michigan, New Hampshire, and Hawaii. And by most progress, we mean that these states have either drafted a bill or passed it through the first votes.