South Dakota Poker Apps – Best SD Real money Poker Apps
South Dakota’s history is rife with gambling. The state was one of the first in the country to legalize land-based commercial and tribal gambling venues. Numerous poker rooms sprouted across Mount Rushmore State as a result. Nevertheless, its online gambling market never took off.
South Dakota lawmakers are yet to show interest in expanding its legal gaming offerings to the internet. The lack of real-money state-sanctioned poker sites leads many of its visitors toward offshore casinos.
These sites boast poker apps rich with regular and fast-fold games, mobile-optimized tournaments, thousands of dollars in bonuses, and many other features. To learn more about them and how they fit into the South Dakota poker scene, keep reading.
Are Online Poker Apps Legal in South Dakota?
Along with the Badlands and Mount Rushmore, gaming is an intrinsic part of South Dakota. During the Gold Rush, this state was a hot spot for poker players from all around the country. Few have not heard about this era’s legendary Deadwood saloons or the famous Wild Bill Hickok’s deadly game of poker.
These stories have always brought tourists to the Land of Plenty, leading to gaming-friendly laws in the early days. South Dakota approved limited-stakes gambling and opened its first casinos quickly after the US’s most progressive gambling states, Nevada and New Jersey. Tribal casinos started popping up within its borders just a year later. Most of these locations are open today, offering land-based real-money poker to everyone aged 21 or older.
Unfortunately, this trend didn’t last. Mount Rushmore State hasn’t authorized any other poker-related activity since the 90s. Like most of its neighbors, it never seriously considered launching an online gaming market. The only semblance South Dakotans have to this category are the few sports betting options the state legalized in 2021. However, even these sites only operate if the bettors are physically located at the casinos that offer them.
As a result, South Dakota poker players have access to two options — sweepstakes and offshore poker apps. The former don’t feature real-money traditional poker variants, so most players skip them. The latter are online poker rooms whose Hold’em SnGs, Knockouts, and Freebies draw much more attention.
These platforms operate beyond South Dakota borders, making them exempt from its laws. Unfortunately, SD gambling legislation includes a section that outlaws all internet gambling, defining it as a felony. So, if you intend to play on offshore poker sites, it’s a smart move to speak with a legal expert. They can help you understand the legal ramifications and make an informed decision.
Best Real-Money Poker Apps in South Dakota
To start your online gaming journey, you must research the market, screen numerous poker platforms, and choose the best option.
The process requires extensive knowledge of poker games, online gaming regulations, casino bonuses, banking, and more. Few have what it takes to recognize the best poker apps available to South Dakota players, so we took the task upon ourselves.
Our team of experts drew on years of experience in the industry to shortlist gaming platforms in the table below. Check them out, look through their game and tournament offers, and find the one that fits your taste.
|App||Available on Android||Available on iOS|
Besides being safe and regulated, the following top three South Dakota poker apps offer top-notch versions of Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Stud, and Draw. They’re home to exciting poker tourneys, including progressive bounties, freebies, and SnGs. Plus, they offer poker-specific welcome packages, bad beat bonuses, and cashbacks worth thousands.
How to Download and Install Poker Apps in South Dakota
Once you’ve settled on a South Dakota poker app, it’s time to learn to use it. The procedure isn’t too long or complex. We’re simply making sure you have something to lean on if you get stuck. The sections below detail the download and registration instructions for Android and iOS devices, so have a look.
Downloading a Poker App on an iPhone
- Visit your SD poker room’s desktop website — Most modern online poker rooms don’t offer apps in the official App Store. You’ll have to download them from your poker brand’s website directly.
- Locate the Download button — Most online gaming platforms feature mobile app Download buttons or links.
- Download the app — Select the button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download process. Before installing the app, you might have to toggle the “Allow downloads from unknown sources” option in Settings.
- Create an account — After downloading and installing the app, you can launch it and register. Simply open the registration form, fill in the blank spaces with the up-to-date information from your government-issued ID, and submit the request.
- Tap your account — Before you check your SD poker app’s gaming selection, you should fund your account. Find the Payments section, choose the method you prefer, and enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Start playing — You can browse the poker cash game and tournament offer as soon as the money appears in your account. Give your favorites a try, and enjoy!
Downloading a Poker App on an Android Phone
- Open your SD poker room’s official site — You likely won’t find your favorite poker brand’s app in the Google Play Store, so don’t bother looking there. Hop on the site using your Android device and look for a Download button or link.
- Start the download procedure — Look for the green Android logo or a hyperlinked system identifier. Tap on it to begin downloading.
- Install the app — Your poker app file should be ready for installation in minutes. If that’s not the case, ensure your device has enough storage space to accommodate the app. If this is your first time installing an app outside the Play Store, you will be prompted to allow installations from unknown sources.
- Register — Creating an account on your SD poker app works similarly to registering at a desktop casino. You’ll have an active account soon after you submit the form with the correct personal information and verify your email address or phone number.
- Make a deposit — Log into your account and navigate to the Cashier section. Choose a payment solution and make a deposit following the available poker promotion rules.
- Get into the action — You can explore the app’s poker lineup once the funds hit your account balance. Cash games are a good start for new mobile poker players. However, daily tournaments are also a good choice if you’re up for a challenge.
South Dakota is a haven for land-based poker players, with over 30 poker rooms scattered around the state. However, we can’t say the same about its online poker offer. Mount Rushmore State authorities outlaw online gambling, so no state-licensed real-money poker sites exist. Offshore poker apps are the only saving grace for those willing to take the risk.