Washington Poker Apps – Best WA Real money Poker Apps
While Washington has nothing against live poker, the online form of this game seems to make the state’s lawmakers’ blood curdle. According to WA law, online gambling is illegal and categorized as a felony with severe punishments.
These strict laws have inflicted fear on both players and operators but only up to a certain degree. You can still find offshore poker sites welcoming WA players with open arms. Moreover, most of these operators have standalone apps you can easily download to your phone or tablet. But is it legal to do so, and which app should you get? Let’s find out!
Are Online Poker Apps Legal in Washington?
Washington is a US state that leaves nothing to chance when it comes to online poker legality. Its legal documents aren’t ambiguous at all and clearly define online gambling as illegal:
“Whoever knowingly transmits or receives gambling information by telephone, telegraph, radio, semaphore, the internet, a telecommunications transmission system, or similar means, or knowingly installs or maintains equipment for the transmission or receipt of gambling information shall be guilty of a class C felony subject to the penalty set forth in RCW 9A.20.021.”
As presented in the legal books, online gambling is a Class C felony and can lead to a $10,000 fine, up to 5 years in prison, or both. Yet, there is no history of the Evergreen State enforcing this law and going after online poker players. Still, if you’re worried about the potential legal consequences, consult a legal expert before downloading a poker app in WA.
Best Real-Money Poker Apps in Washington
Washington has exceptionally harsh laws against online poker. Nonetheless, the explicit online gambling ban hasn’t scared off all international online poker operators. Many still gladly accept poker fans from WA, while the best-rated ones have native mobile apps ready for download.
We’ve analyzed numerous operators and found those that offer fully-functional apps for iOS and Android users. We also peeked into their game selections and chose those that feature Texas Hold’em, Omaha, and niche variants like Draw or Stud. The apps on our list also give you access to tournaments, such as SnGs, bounties, freezeouts, MTTs, and even freerolls that don’t require buy-ins. Without further ado, here are our favorites:
|App||Available on Android||Available on iOS|
Every poker app has its unique selling point, and you’ll undoubtedly find something to like in any of the options on our list. However, we wanted to simplify your selection process, so we picked the top three apps based on several criteria. The operators below are guaranteed to satisfy players’ needs on all fronts, including various game versions, different cash games and tournaments, rewarding bonuses and more.
How to Download and Install Poker Apps in Washington
If you decide to download a Washington poker app on your mobile device despite the state’s online poker ban, you’ll find the process very easy. We described the download procedures for both Android and iOS users in the following sections.
Downloading a Poker App on an iPhone
- Visit the official website of the desired poker room using the web browser on your iPhone or iPad
- Find the page with download buttons for mobile apps and hit the one dedicated to iOS users.
- Since you’re not downloading the app through the App Store, you’ll have to allow downloads from unknown sources through Settings on your device.
- Once the download is complete, launch the app and open an account by clicking the registration button and providing the required information.
- Verify your account through email and proceed to the site to fund it through the Cashier page.
- Claim the welcome bonus to secure extra funds for poker games and tournaments.
- Find the cash game or tournament that best suits your budget and experience, and start playing!
Downloading a Poker App on an Android Phone
- Open the web browsers on your Android phone or tablet and look up the poker room you’d like to join.
- Go to the page with download links for mobile apps and click on the one for Android users.
- To complete the app download, you’ll have to allow installations from unknown sources.
- When the app appears on your screen, open it and hit the Register|Join Now|Sign Up button to create a new account.
- Check your email inbox for an account verification link which should redirect you to the site.
- Go to the Cashier page to make your first deposit and unlock the welcome offer for new joiners.
- After claiming the bonus, explore the available games and tournaments and kickstart your online poker adventure!