Pennsylvania Poker Apps – Best PA Real money Poker Apps
Online poker is a licensed and regulated activity in Pennsylvania, which makes the Keystone State one of the few US states to have entirely legalized digital cash games and tournaments.
With several leading US poker sites offering their services, PA players can choose from various options and compete in leading tournaments, such as WSOP Online Circuit and online WSOP bracelet events.
All state-licensed poker platforms are also available for mobile players, offering stand-alone or browser-based mobile apps to players who enjoy playing on virtual felt while on the move.
Let’s check the available options and show you how to kickstart your mobile poker experience using secure and trustworthy websites.
Are Online Poker Apps Legal in Pennsylvania?
The most important legislative piece for poker players is the Pennsylvania House Bill 271, which effectively legalized online poker and many other forms of gambling in the state. It was introduced by Rep. Jason Ortitay and co-sponsored by Rep. Barry J. Jozwiak, William C. Kortz, Rep. George Dunbar, Rep. Eric R. Nelson, and several others.
The main regulatory body in the state is the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, which initially licensed PokerStars PA, while other sites joined in 2021.
In short, state-licensed online poker has been available for several years, and land-based poker options have been legal since 2010. Gov. Ed Rendell signed a law introducing table games to land-based gambling properties (which were slot-only until that point).
Best Real-Money Online Poker Apps in Pennsylvania
Apart from state-licensed poker platforms, PA residents can play online poker on offshore-licensed sites. The main advantage of these services is that they accept players from across the country, while PA-licensed poker platforms are only licensed to PA players and have much smaller player pools. This also results in smaller tournament prize pools and fewer options.
On the other hand, if you’re not careful, you can stumble upon scam offshore poker sites due to a lack of proper regulation. That’s why our team did comprehensive research, considering all possible online poker apps available in Pennsylvania, and narrowed the selection to the following options.
|App||Available on Android||Available on iOS|
Even though there are already several PGCB-licensed platforms in PA, we still believe the trustworthy and reputable offshore options offer a better overall experience. This is thanks to better traffic, liquidity, prize pools, game selection, tournament selection, payment options, and more.
How to Download and Install Poker Apps in Pennsylvania
Mobile poker apps come in all shapes and sizes, making a unified how-to guide impossible. However, most of these apps follow similar processes. Therefore, the following tutorial should give you an idea of what one such process should look like. Let’s take a look.
Downloading a Poker App on an iPhone
However, if the platform has a stand-alone app, the process looks somewhat different.
- Check if the platform offers an app in the App Store.
- If you find it, download and install it just like any other app you’d install this way.
- If you cannot find it, check the official site to download the installation file and follow the instructions by the provider to complete the installation process. You will probably need to signalize your iPhone to “trust” the app in your phone’s settings.
- Register or log in to your account.
- Make a deposit using one of the available payment options.
- Claim a bonus if available, and have fun playing online poker in Pennsylvania.
Downloading a Poker App on an Android Phone
If there’s a stand-alone app, here’s what you need to do.
- Check if the app is available via Google Play.
- If it is available, download it and install it like any other application on Android devices.
- If not, check the official poker site to find the app page and download the .apk file. In this case, you’ll have to allow third-party installation in your settings.
- Open an account or log in.
- Make a deposit using an available payment method.
- Claim the bonus and have fun!
To sum up, Pennsylvania is one of the few states to have fully legalized online poker. Besides state-licensed options, players can opt for one of the offshore platforms. Most of them feature mobile apps, so it’s up to you to pick the suitable one for you and sit at one of the virtual poker tables with players from PA and beyond.