Virginia Poker Apps – Best VA Real money Poker Apps
Virginia’s relationship with poker doesn’t suit players well. The state is yet to regulate live poker and currently has no land-based venues where one can play this famous card game. Some bingo halls host charitable poker tournaments, but Virginia hasn’t fully approved them either, despite their legalization in 2020.
Luckily, online poker doesn’t share the unfortunate destiny with its land-based counterpart — Virginia law does not mention this game format at present. So, does that mean that web-based poker apps are legal and live in VA? Well, the answer is not straightforward, but it’s satisfactory, and you’ll find it in the following sections.
Are Online Poker Apps Legal in Virginia?
Although Virginia has attempted to legalize poker a number of times, it has not made much progress. In 2017, the Senate voted to regulate poker in VA. The House, however, refused to label it a skill game, so poker has remained prohibited. The only option to which the state agrees includes charitable Texas Hold’em tournaments, but even they haven’t been formally approved due to disagreements on the laws surrounding the activity.
Considering Virginia’s stance on live poker, it would be logical to assume that internet-based poker is illegal as well. Nevertheless, the state fails to provide specifics about its legality, thus leaving it in a legal gray area. Consequently, the unregulated virtual gambling environment enables VA players to join offshore operators and enjoy gaming on the go through their native poker apps.
Best Real-Money Poker Apps in Virginia
Our selection of the best poker apps for VA players relies on different criteria. Firstly, we make sure that the operator has a good reputation and offers a safe gaming environment. Then, we analyze whether it offers different poker variants or only sticks to classics like Hold’em and Omaha.
The tournament lineup is another point on our checklist. We always look for sites that feature several types of tournaments, such as SnGs, freerolls, bounties, MTTs, and more. In addition, we check for valuable bonuses and other technical details like payment methods and customer support. Finally, the operator should offer apps for both iOS and Android users.
The following list highlights poker apps chosen with these details in mind. Explore all the options to find your match:
|App||Available on Android||Available on iOS|
Even though all the apps we recommend meet our experts’ high standards in terms of game types, tournaments, bonuses, and other important aspects, some of them are slightly better than others.
How to Download and Install Poker Apps in Virginia
In most cases, US players won’t find poker apps in their respective app stores. That’s why the download and installation procedure of your favorite app may differ slightly from what you’re used to. Don’t worry, though — we’ll tell you how to do it on both iOS and Android devices in the sections below.
Downloading a Poker App on an iPhone
- Use your mobile device to visit the site of your chosen poker operator and find the page for mobile play.
- Locate the download button for iOS users and click it.
- If the on-screen instructions require it (which they most certainly will), go to Settings on your iPhone or iPad and allow downloads from unknown sources.
- Launch the app and open an account by hitting the registration button and completing the form. In case you already have an account with the operator, use your credentials to log in.
- Make sure that you have enough money in your account to play real money games. You can always top up your balance via the Cashier.
- Always check for available bonuses before you start playing, as the operators featured on our site regularly offer special deals for new users and registered members.
- Browse through the available games and tournaments, choose one, and enjoy!
Downloading a Poker App on an Android Phone
- Go to the official website of your chosen poker operator using your phone or tablet.
- Look for the download button for Android devices on the Mobile Play page. Sometimes, the operator will offer you the app automatically if it detects you’re visiting the page on your mobile device.
- As you’re not downloading the app from the Google Play Store, you’ll have to allow installations from unknown sources in Settings manually.
- Once the app appears on your device, open it and create a new account or log in to an existing one.
- Visit the Cashier page to make a deposit using your preferred payment method.
- Claim the welcome offer if you’re new or check for bonuses targeting existing players on the Promotions page. Also, always read the bonus terms and conditions, as some games may be excluded from certain deals.
- Scan the available games and tournaments and choose one that suits you best!
Final ThoughtsSince Virginia hasn’t yet regulated land-based poker, there aren’t any real-money poker venues in the state. Nevertheless, the online version of the game hasn’t been on VA legislators’ minds whatsoever, which is why it’s not mentioned in legal documents.
Thanks to the lack of laws around internet-based gambling, offshore poker operators have jumped in with their apps to save the day. So far, they’ve been welcomed by VA players and will serve as an adequate alternative until Virginia decides to allow state-based online poker apps.