Louisiana Poker Apps – Best LA Real money Poker Apps
Louisiana has changed its position on the legality of gambling multiple times in the past. In fact, this activity somehow managed to persist even when it was illegal within the state’s borders. So, it’s no surprise the Pelican State has such a rich gambling landscape today — namely, it allows casino gambling, pari-mutuel betting, lottery, home poker, online sports betting, and several other options.
Online casino gambling seems to be the only category missing from this list. The reason for this omission lies in LA’s stringent internet gaming laws. Keep reading to learn how this legislation affects the Bayou State’s iGaming scene and where you can find the best poker apps in Louisiana.
Are Online Poker Apps Legal in Louisiana?
Louisiana’s legalization of riverboat casinos in 1993 triggered its gambling renaissance. The state gained numerous land-based retail and tribal gambling locations in a short period. Today, there are two dozen active casinos and multiple video poker lounges, horse tracks, and OTBs.
A recent Supreme Court ruling led Louisiana to join the cluster of US states that legalized online sports betting and daily fantasy sports in 2021. However, its stance on online gambling isn’t as progressive. The Pelican State legislation includes provisions that criminalize internet casino gambling and impose severe punishments on such offenses.
As a result, Louisiana doesn’t offer any real-money state-licensed poker apps. Offshore gambling apps are the only platforms its residents can use to play for real cash. Make sure to speak with a legal expert if you plan to register for any of them. Their expertise can help you understand your rights regarding these platforms more clearly.
Best Real-Money Poker Apps in Louisiana
Despite the lack of state-licensed poker apps, Louisiana offers a sea of fantastic options. Many famous offshore gambling operators provide standalone apps with an excellent selection of poker games Louisianians can enjoy. We’ve taken it upon ourselves to test the most reputable ones and create a mini top list. Have a look.
|App||Available on Android||Available on iOS|
The poker apps in the table above represent creme-de-la-creme of the offshore gambling options available in the Bayou State. We’ve confirmed that they meet the industry standards by testing them against a fixed set of criteria.
Featured poker operators are licensed and regulated, secured with advanced encryption protocols, and loaded with quality games. They work with renowned payment processors, use RNGs to ensure fairness, and provide a smooth gaming experience. Thanks to their real-money and free gameplay modes, players can try their hand at cash prizes while also having the opportunity to hone their poker skills without spending money.
How to Download a Poker App in Louisiana?
Now that you’re familiar with the best Lousiana poker apps list, it’s time to pick the perfect one. Browse the apps, check out their features, and select the one that matches your needs and preferences best.
Once you’ve decided on the ideal LA poker app for your mobile device, you’ll be ready to download it. The paragraphs below outline the entire process. Check out the steps and get your app.
Downloading Poker Apps on iPhone
- Choose an online poker platform from our top list.
- Visit the Apple Store and use the search engine to find its standalone app. Alternatively, open the operator’s official website, find the iOS download link or QR code, and select or scan it.
- Activate the app by installing and launching it on your mobile device.
- Create an account if you don’t have one already. You might have to complete this step on your computer, depending on the operator.
- Log in to your account and find the Cashier section.
- Fund your account while following the welcome bonus minimum deposit rules.
- Open the gaming library, browse the titles, and start playing.
Downloading Poker Apps on Android
- Go through our top LA poker apps table and choose the platform that suits you best.
- Use its official website to locate the Android download link or QR code or visit the Google Play Store to find the app.
- Select the Download button and open the saved files.
- Ensure your device’s settings allow third-party app installation and install the app.
- Register an account by following on-screen instructions on your mobile device or computer.
- Navigate to the Payment section, choose your preferred banking method, and make a deposit. Don’t forget to comply with the welcome bonus minimum deposit requirements.
- Open the gaming lobby, find the title you like, and jump into action.