Kentucky Poker Apps – Best KY Real money Poker Apps
Kentucky may be home to Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby, offering numerous horse betting opportunities all year round. However, don’t be misled into thinking you can participate in all gambling activities under the sun. The state doesn’t permit many forms of gambling, including poker. But despite the state’s stiff laws, Kentuckian poker players can still enjoy their favorite game.
This article will explore some of the best poker apps you can use in the Bluegrass State and give you a detailed overview of how to get started.
Are Online Poker Apps Legal in Kentucky?
The Bluegrass State holds a firm anti-gambling stance and doesn’t allow casino gambling except for pari-mutuel betting, the lottery, and charitable gaming. Playing poker is off-limits as local legislators refuse to recognize it as a skill game. For this reason, you won’t find any interstate poker rooms, and many players usually travel to neighboring Illinois or Indiana if they wish to participate in major WSOP events.
Due to the lack of legislation, online poker is not currently legal in the state. The last time Kentucky attempted to regulate online poker was in 2019, when the state lawmakers introduced a bill that would allow the Kentucky Lottery Commission to regulate online poker, among other things. There were 21 co-sponsors in both parties, but the bill was pushed to 2020 and died before reaching the Senate.
Although Kentucky players can’t still find any legal online poker apps within state borders, the situation might change sooner than expected. A trio of Democratic lawmakers introduced House Bill 106 at the very beginning of 2023. For now, it is still in the House Committee, and online poker and sports betting have until March 30, 2023, to pass.
Until online poker becomes a reality, KY players can access international sites. Since Kentucky doesn’t prohibit remote gambling, players take advantage of this undefined area and visit offshore platforms. Aside from offering a slew of real-money poker titles, tournaments, and bonuses, most have native poker apps.
Best Real Money Poker Apps in Kentucky
Although the Bluegrass State has yet to regulate online poker and other casino games, it hasn’t officially prohibited them. For this reason, many players from Kentucky feel safe playing at offshore casinos and using their poker apps. That said, with so many operators on the market, it is not easy to distinguish which ones are worth your time and money.
We have tried and tested a variety of them and shortlisted the apps that tick all the boxes. The table below shows our top picks and specifies device compatibility.
|App||Available on Android||Available on iOS|
Aside from featuring standalone apps, the sites we selected are licensed, reliable, and offer a safe and enjoyable gambling environment. Players can also expect fast withdrawals, extensive gaming portfolios, and numerous tournaments.
Another great thing is that these apps are geared toward both beginners and poker pros and cater to all sorts of budgets. Thus, you can find poker titles with buy-ins as low as a few cents and as high as a few hundred dollars. If you are unsure about your skills and think you need a little more practice, demo mode is there to lend a hand. Once you hone your skills, you can start playing for real money in no time.
How to Download a Poker App in Kentucky
Once you’ve selected a poker app, you’ll have to download and install it on your device. Most standalone apps are compatible with multiple devices and operating systems. You don’t need to worry about finding them in the app store. What’s more, they have undergone numerous technological improvements to enhance your gaming experience.
All the operators listed on this page feature standalone poker clients. If you prefer another site, you’ll have to check its app availability. However, you can easily access all the games through your mobile browser, even if there is no app.
The following sections outline how you can download poker apps on your device. There may be some differences between iOS and Android users, which is why we have prepared separate guides for each.
Downloading Poker Apps on iPhone
- Select an online poker provider from our list at the top of this page.
- Go to the App Store and type the operator’s name in the search bar.
- Alternatively, search for the download link or QR code directly on the website.
- If you opted for the latter, you must manually allow access to the third-party apps because you are not downloading them from the app store.
- Once you find the app, press the Download button.
- Install the app by following the instructions.
- Set up an account or sign in if you already have one.
- Open the Cashier section and make a deposit. The funds will be transferred instantly.
- Go to the lobby, find the game you like, claim the bonus, and start playing.
Downloading Poker Apps on Android
- Scroll up to the top of this page and pick a provider you like.
- Go to the official website to find the download link/QR code, or head to the Google Play Store and search for the app. Once more, remember to allow the installation of third-party apps if you decide to go with the first option.
- Click on the Download button and install the app.
- Register following the instructions or log in.
- Head to the Cashier section and make a deposit.
- Find the title you want, and have fun!