Online poker platforms offer various experiences to their loyal visitors. However, you need to take into account the fact that different players who have accessed the platform from their specific device view it in their own way. This is influenced by multiple factors, but there are several which seem to stand out as the most important ones.
Online poker rooms function on two main principles. One part of them uses a specific website where they offer their basic game offers and, more importantly, a downloadable version of their poker software. This way, such poker sites impose their software, both for PCs and mobile devices, on each of their users. Other poker sites use a different, less explicit approach. These sites are known as no-download poker sites and aim to offer the ultimate player experience to each one of their site’s visitors.
- 1 No Download Poker Sites – Browser playable poker rooms
- 1.1 List of no download poker rooms
- 1.2 How Do No-Download Sites Work?
- 1.3 No-Download vs. In-Browser Sites
- 1.4 Benefits & Drawbacks of No-Download Poker Sites
- 1.5 How Deposits & Withdrawals works at No Download Poker Sites
- 1.6 Frequently Asked Questions
No-download poker sites function completely through a web browser. These poker rooms allow their players to simply access the site as any other, sign up and enjoy on the multiple poker table offers.
What’s important about these no-download poker sites is that they do not deprive their players of any poker games or even simply features. Contrary to this, sites which require you to download the software in order to play find this to be their common practice.
The main reason for their appearance and advancement was due to the lack of device-specific or system-specific poker room software. Imagine a situation with your preferred poker room – you must have chosen it because its software offers a wide range of gaming options which get regular updates, although you’re not that fond of the website, as it is a bit scarce.
Once you’ve changed from your old device to the current one, or simply changed the Windows operative system of your PC into Linux of Mac, you’re no longer eligible to download that software. After spending a couple of days on the website, you’re bound to realize that you’re not used to its limited features. Understandably, you might be better off replacing your current poker room with another one than changing the entire device or system.
To cut the long story short, these two terms relate to one and the same thing nowadays. Nevertheless, it is expected that each of these terms reflects the focus of the person who invented them.
In any case, they represent websites which allow poker players to sing up, log in, choose from a wide selection of poker tables and enjoy their specific gambling experience.
- System memory clogs are ultimately avoided on this front using such no-download sites. Understandably so, the software taken from each specific site tends to clog up the memory as soon as it is installed and stored.
This, in turn, may influence the speed of the computer’s overall performance. Although you might not be overly attached to it, you will most definitely need it when accessing the poker room’s website. Slower speed is bound to hinder your gambling experience, if not obstruct it completely.
- Safety issues can also be put forward when it comes to the benefits of using no-download poker sites. Namely, download processes nowadays can cause additional bloatware to find its way into your system. Moreover, this ‘software burden’ may consist of many different programs, such as unnecessary add-ons and plug ins. What’s worse, it may also download adware and malware directly to your system, installing it along with the poker room software.
Nevertheless, supporters of the other block have their own set of claims. They call upon the players’ sharpened sense of gameplay, software and graphic design. Hence, these pro-download software supporters state that, while novice players may not mind the situation, but experienced, loyal software users will have difficulties getting used to the ruggedness of the website and its features.
- Installations – Yes or No? : Installing any type of software would require downloading or inputting it onto one’s system. This type of poker rooms does not require any of these procedures. After the setup, only the Flash Player or the Java would need to be installed.
The issue of depositing and withdrawing has often been regarded as a valuable process which needs to be protected. Well, many people believe that installing the software would prevent anyone from abusing the money transfer. So, it wouldn’t come as a surprise that a hacker attack on the website had long been one of these players’ greatest fears.
Despite all this, no-download poker sites persisted in their security and quality gaming software, enabling deposits and withdrawals through standard procedures, using the everyday payment methods such as credit and debit cards, or e-wallet services.
Multi-table options became widely popular as soon as they came out as available options. However, they were predominantly applicable on the poker rooms’ software. In any case, the no-download poker sites have ultimately managed to provide their users with this experience. The only problem is that there might be certain technical challenges for a while, until the dust settles down.
Past practices seem to have divided the tasks performed on the software and those from the website. Hence, people have concluded that quick, cash-only Sit & Go games are mostly used on the sites, while the software is reserved for longer tournaments.
Nowadays, however, this innovation has brought about new traditions. Players are trying to get into the habit of playing short, but also longer matches, tournaments and perform table switches. In any case, they might not even need such extravagant tournament options, considering the fact that these Sit & Go’s accept the lowest wagers, but offer quite a valuable payback.
The same offers found at every poker room, no matter whether it’s online or installed, are now present on these no-download poker sites.